The Housing Ombudsman has published its Annual Report and Accounts for the 2016/17 financial year. These represent the 20th anniversary of the Housing Ombudsman, and are subtitled: Housing Matters: Fairness Matters.
A full copy of the publication can be accessed here.
The report shows continuous improvement in the service with increased productivity and high levels of customer satisfaction.
The casework performance highlights show:
- More cases closed than received: 15,877 closed compared to 15,112 received
- Focus on local resolution maintained: 81% of complaints were closed without a formal investigation
- Customer feedback exceeded all targets: overall 89% of customers thought we treated them well and 75% thought we helped
- 50% more determinations issued than last year: 1,649 compared to 1,101
- 96% of cases determined within 12 months, an increase from 59% in 2015-16
- Exceeded the target on landlords’ compliance with orders: 99.6% implemented